The mission of Take Back Childhood Campaign (@TBCCampaign) is to eradicate child sexual abuse (CSA) from our society by breaking the silence, increasing awareness and education, and supporting research and effective treatment.
Definition of CSA: All sexual touching between an adult and a child is sexual abuse. Sexual touching between children can also be sexual abuse when there is a significant age difference between the children or if the children are very different developmentally or size-wise. Sexual abuse does not have to involve penetration, force, pain, or even touching. If an adult engages in any sexual behavior (looking, showing, or touching) with a child to meet the adult’s sexual needs or interest, it is sexual abuse. Most often child sexual abuse is a gradual process and not a single event (from StopItNow.org).
- Are you an adult that experienced sexually inappropriate or abusive treatment as a child?
- In your life since being sexually abused as a child, do you feel you have emotional wounds that continue to fester?
- Have you developed some unhealthy ways of coping that you’d like to change?
- Are you noticing some areas in your life that you suspect are affected by the abuse?
- Is old stuff like memories, flashbacks, nightmares, triggers or fears holding you back from your potential?
If you said yes to any of these questions, Survivors Group may be a great space for you to take stock, be heard and understood, and claim empowerment over your life’s narrative, including the trauma. Contact now to find out more.
Tweet with @TBCCampaign!